Mommies of Color
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Girls

4 posters

Go down

Hey Girls Empty Hey Girls

Post by Kayla Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi Everyone...My name is Kayla and my baby girl is Olivia. She is 8 weeks old today. (The same as Ashton) She is my first and possibly only child if my dh has anything to say about it. I don't think that he realized how much work it would be to take care of a little human...even though I do most of it. Anyhow, I have 5 more weeks of maternity leave and then I return to my place of employment as an account representative. I have been trying to think of a million ways that I can convince my DH to let me be a SAHM. Obviously nothing is working. He even has a GREAT job, but I think he fears that we may not always be this fortunate. Anyway, thanks Monie for creating this site, I really like the privacy aspect of things!

Kayla
*~Nubian Paradise~*

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Back to top Go down

Hey Girls Empty Re: Hey Girls

Post by ilovechase Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:42 pm

Hey Kayla!!

I am glad you decided to join...once we all make it over I plan to make us all mods anyway. Very Happy
Maybe your dh will think about you working part-time? I hope he reconsiders. Well, lets get this party started shall we? LOLOL. I am a dork! Glad you are here Very Happy
ilovechase
ilovechase
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryn44 Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:29 pm

Hi Kayla

I hope you & your DH are able to get you home w/ Olivia. You still have several weeks of leave left, you never know what may happen before it's time to go back. We made the decision for me to stay home when our 1st was about 9 or 10 weeks, so it could definitely happen for you too. There was no way I was going to leave him to go back to a job I absolutely hated and wasn't even all that good at Razz . So we figured it out as best as we could. I've been home ever since, and he'll be 10 in April. DH was a teacher at the time, and not making very much money. We actually sold one of our cars, cut out cable, and lived very low to the ground for awhile. He ended up leaving teaching for more $$ but it was tough those first couple of years.

Maybe I'd have felt differently if I liked my work but that made it even easier to decide not to go back.
Tryn44
Tryn44
~Vixen~

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommy2Divas Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:19 pm

I love being a SAHM. I always knew I wanted to be before I even had kids. It has it's days, but it's always worth it.
Hope everything works out for you.
Mommy2Divas
Mommy2Divas
!~Will Smiths Lover~!

Number of posts : 1282
Registration date : 2007-10-19

http://www.luvnharmony.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down